Helpful Tips & Advice
- Are you ready to buy – The sooner you qualify for a mortgage, the sooner you can get the ball moving.
- Always be prepared to view properties – The best properties attract the most amount of interest.
- Location, location, location – Research the local schools, shops, parking, transport and neighborhood to get a good feel of the area.
- Look beneath the surface – Make sure you distinguish between major work and cosmetic work. Don’t let your judgment be clouded.
- Multiple viewings – View the property more than once and at different times of the day especially at weekends. Travelling during rush hour will give you a good indication on how your local area/road may be affected by congestion.
- Protect yourself – Property surveys maybe expensive but they can uncover any major defects, such as structural faults. This may help you renegotiate on price or even reconsider the purchase.
- Don’t rule out offering the full asking price – If you find your ideal home and it is priced correctly, consider offering the full asking price to avoid losing out. By bidding correctly and accurately for your desired property you stand a much greater chance of securing the house without being gazumped!
- Don’t be put off by a property that is on the market at a low price compared to others in the area – In this housing market some of the best deals are sold on behalf of developers and lenders and are priced to sell quickly.